The Lifey app is going to be amazing!
It’s not much to look at yet, but I think over time the Lifey app will become a wonderful resource to help people learn from each other’s experiences.
What the Lifey app will do:
- Help you learn from others’ experiences.
- Help you make better, faster decisions regarding your career, health, faith, etc.
- Help you connect with other people in a meaningful way.
- Help you find answers to your questions.
- Help you share more from your life with your friends, family and the world.
History Of The Lifey App Idea
It all started about 10 years ago, when I started my college education at Brigham Young University.
I was a newly admitted Journalism major and quickly learned of my love of video interviews. I thought- wouldn’t it be cool to create a video interview search engine to allow you to learn exactly what you want to learn from exactly who you want to learn from? Thus spawned the idea behind the Lifey app.
Why A Lifey App?
Over the past 10 years I’ve interviewed about 1,000 people on a variety of topics, including missions, health conditions, careers, life experiences, etc. I’ve done all of these interviews manually- which is great- just not very scalable. And while I like the YouTube video interviews we’ve published, I think YouTube is missing core features to make the interviews more relevant and searchable. I’ve felt there must be a better way to unleash all of the value in video interview-type content.
So, that’s what we plan to do with the Lifey app- capture human knowledge and make it accessible to the entire world, in every language possible. Also, while text is a great medium for lots of kinds of information, I believe text is not ideal for all types of information. Video can convey a lot more trust and context, than text can.
Sometimes it’s hard for me to communicate the full vision of the Lifey app.
Here are a few different ways I’ve used to describe the Lifey app:
- It’s like a mix of Snapchat and Wikipedia.
- It’s like the Lifey YouTube channel on steroids- but about any life experience, not just missions, etc..