Here are free resources about the Vietnam Hanoi Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*View resources about the Cambodia Phnom Penh Mission.
Vietnam Hanoi Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Vietnam Hanoi Mission. We try to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Vietnam Hanoi Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Vietnam Hanoi Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Vietnam Hanoi Mission:
Videos with Vietnam RMs/Natives
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries and natives who served in or are from Vietnam. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
LDS-Friendly Videos about Vietnam
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Vietnam. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Vietnam, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Vietnam Hanoi Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for missionaries who served or are serving in Vietnam. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
|Elder Justin Ly||justinsvietnammission.blogspot.com||2018|
|Elder Tanner Nguyen||eldertannernguyen.wordpress.com||2018|
|Elder Samuel Watson||advocatephotruth.blogspot.com||2018|
|Sister Jenna Connell||sisterjennaconnell.blogspot.com||2018|
|Elder & Sister Thomason||sharonandgeraldmission.blogspot.com||2018|
|Elder & Sister Coffey||coffeysmission.blogspot.com||2018|
|Elder Kevin Huy Phan||elderphan.wordpress.com||2018|
|Elder Kevin Phan||mymission.com/httpwwwmymissioncom14||2017|
|Sister Hailey Graviet||chigraviet.blogspot.com||2017|
|Elder Ernest Morris||elder-morris.blogspot.com||2016|
|Sister Izzy Hays||nomadicturtleincambodia.weebly.com||2014|
Vietnam Hanoi Mission Groups
Here are Vietnam Hanoi Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Vietnam Hanoi Mission.
- LDS Church in Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi) (805 members)
Vietnam Hanoi Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Vietnam Hanoi Mission!
Shirt designs include Vietnam Hanoi Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Vietnam Hanoi missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Vietnam Hanoi Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Vietnam Hanoi LDS Mission.
- 2016-2018, Lewis Hassell
- 2016, Vietnam Hanoi Mission create from Phnom Penh Mission
Vietnam LDS Statistics (2012)
- Church Membership: 600+
- Missions: 1
- Temples: 0
- Congregations: 6
- Family History Centers: 0
Helpful Articles about Vietnam
Vietnam Hanoi Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Vietnam Hanoi RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2016-2018 (Lam)
What areas did you serve in?
- District 6. (Lam)
What were some favorite foods?
- Bun thit nuong, com ga xoi mo. (Lam)
What was a funny experience?
- Elder Kiet was just one big funny experience. (Lam)
What was a crazy experience?
- Serving a mission in Vietnam. (Lam)
What was a spiritual experience?
- Seeing all of the new branches open up has really brought the spirit of missionary work into this mission. (Lam)
What are some interesting facts about the Vietnam Hanoi Mission?
- One interesting fact is that most facts are going to be out of date, because our mission is constantly changing and growing. Information lasts about 3 months, then it all changes. (Lam)
What was the weather like?
- Either hot, or hot and rainy. (Lam)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- What is there to say? They are amazing. Anyone would be lucky to meet these faithful saints. (Lam)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Shoes should not have laces. There’s no need for an umbrella. You can pretty much buy anything you need over here, so don’t stress too much. (Lam)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- This box doesn’t have enough characters for me. To summarize in the simplest way I can, the best blessing I have received is change. (Lam)
What are some skills you gained?
- I can speak Vietnamese, ride my bike without hands, and eat spicy foods. (more or less on that last one). (Lam)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- Don’t try and change the culture, just absorb it. (Lam)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Vietnam?
- Be obedient. Don’t waste time in the Mission Training Center. This land is too precious to have disobedient, lazy missionaries come and wreck it. Don’t be that guy. (Lam)
What was a funny language mistake?
- I was on exchanges, and instead of saying “Jesus Christ was killed for us” the other missionary said “Jesus Christ killed for us”. (Lam)