Here’s a free collection of resources about Verona, Wisconsin- blogs, videos, groups, first-hand experiences and advice from people who live in Verona, etc.
- Least Favorites
- Things To Do
- The Future
- Other Facts
Verona, Wisconsin: Blogs
Here’s a list of blogs and websites written by people who live in Verona, or are about Verona.
*Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your blog to this list.*
|City of Verona||ci.verona.wi.us||2017|
|Verona Public Library||veronapubliclibrary.org||2017|
|Verona Chamber of Commerce||veronawi.com||2017|
|Verona Area School District||verona.k12.wi.us||2017|
|Verona History Website||veronahistory.com/home||2017|
|Zillow Real Estate||zillow.com/town-of-verona-wi||2017|
Verona, Wisconsin: Groups
Verona Groups On Facebook
- Verona, WI Area Online Garage Sale Group (11,653 members)
- Verona, WI Buy/Sell/Trade/Free Group (1,191 members)
- Burn Boot Camp – Verona, WI Facebook Group (359 members)
- Hawthorne Hills Neighborhood (322 members)
- Verona Online Garage Sale (87 members)
- Verona Ward Friends (82 members)
- Verona, WI Class of 1985 (61 members)
- Verona WI High School Class of 1974 (40 members)
Other Verona Groups, Forums and Events
Verona, Wisconsin: Survey
We’re surveying people about living in Verona, WI. Here will be a collection of their responses.
*The information gathered via surveys may or may not be correct. Hopefully it will be helpful to you!
*Response format = Answer (Your name, How long you’ve lived in Verona)
Verona, Wisconsin: Favorites
What’s your favorite thing about living in Verona?
- Being close to family. (Robin, 5 months)
- Convenience to shopping. (Debra, 18 months)
- The convenience of a city, in a village-like setting. (Melanie, 2 years)
- The people. (Anonymous, 5 years)
- It’s a fairly quiet town and close to the city. I love having a locally owned grocery store that is right downtown and not a big chain store. (Amanda, 11 years)
- Small town atmosphere, community access to things like the library, pool, bike paths, dog park, baseball/soccer fields and parks. The schools are excellent in having resources to provide to students (iPads and music programs). (Jessica, 14 years)
Verona, Wisconsin: Least Favorites
What’s your least favorite thing about living in Verona?
- Missing my friends. (Robin, 5 months)
- Taxes. (Debra, 18 months)
- No high-speed internet in my neighborhood. (Melanie, 2 years)
- Home prices. (Anonymous, 5 years)
- Not many good options, most places serve primarily burgers and chicken. I would love some variety without having to drive into Fitchburg/Madison. There is nothing to do for entertainment since the bowling alley closed and because a church, and there is no laundromat. House prices have jumped up significantly, rent is high as well. (Amanda, 11 years)
- The way we spend money, how much is being spent on the Matt House for it to be a museum? I’d rather see an outside pool or after school center for teens. I also don’t like that the farmers market left. (Jessica, 14 years)
Verona, Wisconsin: Things To Do
What are fun things to do in Verona?
- I haven’t found too much to do without leaving the city. (Robin, 5 months)
- Theatre, walking path, community events. (Debra, 18 months)
- There are loads of parks, amazing to visit with kids. Nearby Madison has loads of fun things to do. (Melanie, 2 years)
- All the playgrounds. (Anonymous, 5 years)
- We really only have bars/restaurants and the military ridge trail bike path that goes through Verona. (Amanda, 11 years)
- Bike trails, community programs, performing arts productions. (Jessica, 14 years)
Verona, Wisconsin: Reputation
What’s Verona known for?
- Expensive housing and high taxes. (Robin, 5 months)
- Epic. (Debra, 18 months)
- Epic. (Melanie, 2 years)
- Schools. (Anonymous, 5 years)
- Epic, expensive houses. (Amanda, 11 years)
- High taxes and the home of Epic. (Jessica, 14 years)
Verona, Wisconsin: Crime
What’s the crime like in Verona?
- I feel very safe in my house and neighborhood. (Robin, 5 months)
- Average, small town trouble. (Debra, 18 months)
- I’ve not seen, nor experienced any. (Melanie, 2 years)
- Minor crimes. (Anonymous, 5 years)
- It used to be real quiet, but there has been a major increase in crime this year. There have been more reports of stolen cars, houses and cars being broken into than usual. (Amanda, 11 years)
- I think there is crime, but it’s well maintained. We haven’t had any major problems. (Jessica, 14 years)
Verona, Wisconsin: Advice
Any advice for people moving to Verona?
- Good luck finding a house you can afford. (Robin, 5 months)
- Walk around town, you will enjoy the view and friendly people you meet. (Debra, 18 months)
- Take the plunge! Lots of lovely people, great neighborhoods and beautiful scenery. (Melanie, 2 years)
- Taxes are high- make sure you know what your yearly tax rate will be when you buy your home. (Anonymous, 5 years)
- I would advise against it. Taxes are high, houses are hard to find at a reasonable price. It’s either condos or $400,000+ houses. The community is growing far too fast and feeling less and less communal every year. Many chain restaurants/businesses are coming in. The plan for where Ace Hardware is sounds ridiculous. What screams hometown?…not a three story retail front box diagonal to the over valued Matt’s House in downtown. (Jessica, 14 years)
Verona, Wisconsin: Stories
Share an experience you’ve had in Verona (fun, crazy, dangerous, etc.).
- I had a pretty good time on a self-guided Epic tour. (Robin, 5 months)
- Young people having a get together in their backyard inviting me and my dog in to the party. (Debra, 18 months)
- The library has a lovely play group in winter months, it’s really helped get my toddler out of her shell and interact with her peers! So many great people! (Melanie, 2 years)
- We love the hometown parade! The whole town comes out either in it, or watching it and it is so much fun. (Anonymous, 5 years)
- I love that police officers come out on Halloween and interact with the community. I am also a fan of the fireworks for Hometown days. (Jessica, 14 years)
Verona, Wisconsin: The Future
How do you think Verona will change over the next 10 years?
- The pretty scenery will turn into houses and businesses. (Robin, 5 months)
- I hope it does not! (Debra, 18 months)
- It’ll continue to grow without losing its charm. (Melanie, 2 years)
- More stores and homes. It’ll be harder to drive on Main Street. (Anonymous, 5 years)
- I think there will be more name brand box stores and restaurants. More condos and big buildings, large class sizes in schools, higher taxes. (Jessica, 14 years)
Verona, Wisconsin: Other Facts
Any other interesting facts about Verona?
- The high school is a mess. It’s almost impossible to figure anything out. (Robin, 5 months)
- The library has fun get togethers for all ages. (Debra, 18 months)
- The locally owned grocery store has been running since 1902 and is still owned by the same family. (Amanda, 11 years)