Life in Torrington, Wyoming, explained by people who’ve lived in Torrington:
*Learn about living in other cities in Wyoming.
*Click here to share your experience living in Torrington*
*Response format = Answer (Your name, How long you’ve lived in Torrington)
What’s your favorite thing about living in Torrington?
- The people. (Lori)
- Not a lot. I guess that I have a good doctor. (Linda, 50+ years)
Torrington Least Favorites
What’s your least favorite thing about living in Torrington?
- The odor, the drugs. (Lori)
- Housing costs are ridiculous, the community is run by older people who don’t like or want change or new businesses, there’s nothing here for kids to do, things are way over priced, but they want you to shop locally. Cliques and rude people. Everything here depends who you are, what your last name is, who you are related to and what dirt you have on a higher up, pillar of the community, professional person of the community. (Linda, 50+ years)
Torrington Things To Do
What are fun things to do in Torrington?
- Ajs, Wyoming theater. (Lori)
- Not sure, there’s very little to do here. Unless you like to drink, plenty of bars here. I don’t drink. (Linda, 50+ years)
What’s Torrington known for?
- EWC. (Lori)
- The sale barn, and being a community made up of rude, snobby people. (Linda, 50+ years)
What’s the crime like in Torrington? (hot spot areas, etc.)
- Drugs. (Lori)
- Not much real crime. It’s overlooked if you are of the elite group or have dirt on someone from the elite group. If you’re not of that group and they don’t like you, you can get in trouble for any little thing. Look at the paper and what makes the news. If the police here had to work in an area with “real” crime, I doubt they’d know how to handle it. (Linda, 50+ years)
Any advice for people moving to Torrington?
- There’s a lot of hometown pride. (Lori)
- Don’t. (Linda, 50+ years)
Share an experience you’ve had in Torrington (fun, crazy, dangerous, etc.).
- I went to school here. It wasn’t fun, it was horrible. If you’re not in the popular group, you are nothing and treated as such. (Linda, 50+ years)
How do you think Torrington will change over the next 10 years?
- Not much. Will still have the same people running it and in charge of it. Why do you think the changes have been so minimal over the years? They don’t want change. (Linda, 50+ years)
Any other interesting facts about Torrington?
- They built a prison here they said was medium security and said there wouldn’t be any prisoners with anything conviction even as serious as rape. Surprise, another lie. There are serial killers and murderers in that prison. And the prison is the reason they used to raise the price of everything in the town, including housing costs. (Linda, 50+ years)