Here’s a free collection of resources about Tampa, Florida- blogs, videos, groups, first-hand experiences and advice from people who live in Tampa, etc.
- Least Favorites
- Things To Do
- The Future
- Other Facts
Neighbor is the Airbnb of Storage. Connecting hosts with unused space to renters in need of storage through an online, peer-to-peer storage community. Neighbor strives to provide homeowners with extra monthly income and renters with a storage solution 50% cheaper than the traditional price. Check out Neighbor’s listings located in Tampa, Florida.
Tampa, Florida: Blogs
Here’s a list of blogs and websites written by people who live in Tampa, or are about Tampa.
*Email email@example.com to submit your blog to this list.*
|City of Tampa||tampagov.net||2017|
|Visit Tampa Bay||visittampabay.com||2017|
|Hillsborough County Library||hcplc.org||2017|
|University of Tampa||ut.edu||2017|
|University of South Florida||usf.edu||2017|
|Tampa International Airport||tampaairport.com||2017|
|Fox 13 News||fox13news.com||2017|
|Tampa Bay Times||tampabay.com||2017|
|Bay News 9||baynews9.com||2017|
|ABC Action News||abcactionnews.com||2017|
|Tampa Bay Business Journal||bizjournals.com/tampabay||2017|
|Zillow Real Estate||zillow.com/tampa-fl||2017|
Tampa, Florida: Groups
Tampa Groups On Facebook
- Craigslist Tampa, Florida (64,364 members)
- Tampa Born and Raised & I Remember When.. (27,999 members)
- Tampa Braiders (27,320 members)
- Tampa Jobs (23,624 members)
- Tampa Yard Sale Group (20,065 members)
- You Know You’re From Tampa When.. (15,713 members)
- I Grew Up In Tampa, Florida (60s, 70s, 80s) Facebook Group (8,726 members)
- Tampa Networking Group (8,079 members)
- Tampa Gardening Swap (7,154 members)
- Tampa Small Business Owners (1,840 members)
- Born and Raised in Tampa! (1,531 members)
- Tampa Vegans (861 members)
- Waterchase Residents (715 members)
- Westwood Lake Neighborhood (685 members)
- Palmetto Beach/Desoto Park Neighborhood (444 members)
- The Heights Caravan for Central Tampa Historic Neighborhoods (382 members)
- Drew Park Neighborhood (283 members)
- Friends of Fawn Ridge (211 members)
Other Tampa Groups, Forums and Events
Tampa, Florida: Survey
We’re surveying people about living in Tampa, FL. Here will be a collection of their responses.
*The information gathered via surveys may or may not be correct. Hopefully it will be helpful to you!
*Response format = Answer (Your name, How long you’ve lived in Tampa)
Tampa, Florida: Favorites
What’s your favorite thing about living in Tampa?
- The variety of things to do and places to eat, especially the vegan options. (Megan, 3 months)
- The feel of a big city without as much of the speed. Plus we’re close to beaches. (Christa, 24 years)
- Orlando. (John, 44 years)
Tampa, Florida: Least Favorites
What’s your least favorite thing about living in Tampa?
- The drivers. (Megan, 3 months)
- Traffic. (Christa, 24 years)
- Malfunction Junction. (John, 44 years)
Tampa, Florida: Things To Do
What are fun things to do in Tampa?
- Going out to eat, and attending local events. (Megan, 3 months)
- Drink. (Christa, 24 years)
- Water taxi, trolly, Ybor, Riverwalk. (John, 44 years)
Tampa, Florida: Reputation
What’s Tampa known for?
- It’s weather. (Megan, 3 months)
- Business and beer. (Christa, 24 years)
- Cigars. (John, 44 years)
Tampa, Florida: Crime
What’s the crime like in Tampa?
- It has been fine in the neighborhood I live in. (Megan, 3 months)
- Typical city crime. I’ve walked through it at night while passing many homeless people and felt safe; although, a few of my friends from UT have been accosted later at night while walking. (Christa, 24 years)
- Crime is abundant. (John, 44 years)
Tampa, Florida: Advice
Any advice for people moving to Tampa?
- Get used to the terrible drivers. (Megan, 3 months)
- Move to Riverview/Brandon, and commute to Tampa. (Christa, 24 years)
- Embrace the humidity. (John, 44 years)
Tampa, Florida: Stories
Share an experience you’ve had in Tampa (fun, crazy, dangerous, etc.).
- I once got catcalled by a group of homeless men who then proceeded to follow me. (Megan, 3 months)
- Going to Taco Bus at 2am and watching a female show her nipples on accident and having no clue. Her friend ensured me she wouldn’t mind this behavior if sober because she’s sex positive. Also, I’ve been walking down Kennedy at 2:30pm on a weekday, and have been offered a joint. (Christa, 24 years)
- Great fireworks show in Channelside from the roof of the venta building with family and friends. (John, 44 years)
Tampa, Florida: The Future
How do you think Tampa will change over the next 10 years?
- I am unsure. (Megan, 3 months)
- A lot more hip gastropubs and businesses. (Christa, 24 years)
- Channelside will be redeveloped with more outdoor music, shopping and dining. (John, 44 years)
Tampa, Florida: Other Facts
Any other interesting facts about Tampa?
- Tampa’s old buildings need more recognition! (Christa, 24 years)
- Sheriff Curtis Hixon was once on the take from the Mob. (John, 44 years)