Life in Sunset, Utah, explained by people who’ve lived in Sunset:
*Response format = Answer (Your name, How long you’ve lived in Sunset)
What’s your favorite thing about living in Sunset?
- Smaller town, but not too far from the big cities. (Rick, 8 years this time, but I grew up in Sunset. And my parents still live here.)
Sunset Least Favorites
What’s your least favorite thing about living in Sunset?
- We have to share our zip code with Clearfield, so 90% of my mail lists my town as Clearfield, not Sunset. (Rick, 8 years)
Sunset Things To Do
What are fun things to do in Sunset?
- Laser tag, Sunset pizzeria has some of best pizza around, skate park, jogging track, circle inn if you want a bar. (Rick, 8 years)
What’s Sunset known for?
- Police. They love to write tickets, so speeders beware. A food majority of the police departments budget is recuperate from traffic tickets. Also Sunset Sam. (Rick, 8 years)
What’s the crime like in Sunset? (hot spot areas, etc.)
- We have our share of troubles, but for the most part not much crime. (Rick, 8 years)
Any advice for people moving to Sunset?
- Welcome and you will find most people friendly and helpful. (Rick, 8 years)
Share an experience you’ve had in Sunset (fun, crazy, dangerous, etc.).
- I remember as a kid we used to build forts and play in the trees just up the street from my parents’ house in Sunset. There was a creek that ran through the middle of the field which helped keep it cool in the summer. That area now is Smith’s parking lot. (Rick, 8 years)
How do you think Sunset will change over the next 10 years?
- Like all towns we will grow and change with the environment around us. 1800 north I expect will become a five lane highway, but there will still be the people. (Rick, 8 years)
Any other interesting facts about Sunset?
- Sunset used to be part of Clinton. After the split when the town’s founders were searching for a new name for the new town, someone mentioned what a pretty sunset he could see and they decided on the name we have. (Rick, 8 years)