Here’s a free collection of resources about Southern Utah University- SUU blogs, videos, groups, first-hand experiences and advice from people who attend(ed) SUU, etc.
- Least Favorites
- Things To Do
- Housing Advice
- Places To Eat
- Crime & Safety
- Cool Facts
- Freshmen Advice
Here’s a list of SUU blogs- blogs written by people who attend SUU, or about SUU.
****Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your blog to this list.***
|SUU Blog | T-Bird Nation||tbirdnation.suu.edu||2017|
|10 Seconds of Courage – Study Abroad Blog||tensecondsofcourage.wordpress.com||2017|
|SUU Alumni Association Blog||suualumni.blogspot.com||2017|
|SUU Thunderbirds Athletics News||suutbirds.com/SportSelect||2017|
|SUU News | Student Media||suunews.com||2017|
|SUU Educational Programs||suu.edu/majors||2017|
|SUU Calendar of Events||suu.edu/events||2017|
|SUU Newsletter Archive||suu.edu/alumni/enews||2017|
|SUU Ballroom Dance Company Info||suu.edu/pva/ballroom||2017|
|Drawing a Blank – Student Blog||brandonkstevens.blogspot.com||2016|
SUU Groups On Facebook
- SUU Group (1,068 members)
- Southern Utah University’s Theatre and Dance Group (608 members)
- Southern Utah University Theater and Dance Alumni (SUSC) 1983-1989ish Group (157 members)
- Southern Utah University Choirs Group (146 members)
- Arts Administration at Southern Utah University – Alumni (61 members)
- Southern Utah University PAC Group (59 members)
- Southern Utah Forensics Reunion Group (39 members)
- Arts Administration at Southern Utah University – Current Students Group (38 members)
- Southern Utah University Honor Band Group (28 members)
- Southern Utah University Friends Group (24 members)
- Southern Utah University Students and Alumni (22 members)
Other SUU Groups And Forums
We’re surveying people who attend(ed) SUU. Here will be a collection of their responses.
*The information gathered via surveys may or may not be correct. Hopefully it will be helpful to you!
*Response format = Answer (Your first name, Years you attended SUU)
What’s your favorite thing about SUU?
- The location, and the class sizes. (Kylee, 2008-2012)
- The Adams theatre and the hiking. (Brian, 1999-2004)
- The variety of events and interests. (Sarah, 1996-2001)
SUU: Least Favorites
What’s your least favorite thing about SUU?
- The price. (Kylee, 2008-2012)
SUU: Things To Do
What are fun things to do while at SUU? Best kept secrets, etc.
- Get involved in school activities! Also local restaurants. (Kylee, 2008-2012)
- Theater, improv comedy, apartment block parties. (Sarah, 1996-2001)
SUU: Recommended Classes/Professors
Any classes or professors you recommend?
- Peter Sham. (Kylee, 2008-2012)
- Prof. Curt Bostick in the history department was so much fun to learn from. I also recommend the dance department – for extreme beginners to those who have been dancing since they could stand. (Sarah, 1996-2001)
SUU: Housing Advice
Any housing tips or recommendations?
- Live on campus at least your first year, you’ll get so much more involved. (Kylee, 2008-2012)
SUU: Places To Eat
What are the best places to eat near SUU?
- Pastry pub, pizza cart, Brody’s. (Kylee, 2008-2012)
- Pastry Pub! (Sarah, 1996-2001)
SUU: Crime & Safety
How’s crime/safety at SUU?
- I always felt very safe. (Kylee, 2008-2012)
SUU: Cool Facts
Any other cool facts about SUU?
- None that I can think of. (Kylee, 2008-2012)
SUU: Advice For Freshmen
Advice for a new Freshman:
- Get involved right away! (Kylee, 2008-2012)
- Education is a verb, be involved, explore, be thoughtful, dance and play! (Brian, 1999-2004)
- Budget your time. It will get away from you so easily! (Sarah, 1996-2001)
Share an experience you’ve had at SUU (interesting/funny/crazy/dangerous, etc.):
- One of my majors was Theater Arts – I have never enjoyed not getting to bed til 2 a.m. because of rehearsals and waking up at 7 a.m. for class more. So very worth it! (Sarah, 1996-2001)