Free resources about the Papua New Guinea Port Moresby Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: Papua New Guinea Lae Mission.
Port Moresby Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Papua New Guinea Port Moresby Mission. We try to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Papua New Guinea Port Moresby Mission
Section 6 Lot 39 Mavaru Street
Phone Number: 675-325-2191
Mission President: President Voi R. Taeoalii
Port Moresby Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Papua New Guinea Port Moresby Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Port Moresby Mission:
Videos with Port Moresby RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Port Moresby Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews. Coming soon..
Videos about Papua New Guinea
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Papua New Guinea. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Papua New Guinea, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Port Moresby Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Port Moresby Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
|Port Moresby Mission||papuanewguinea..mission.blogspot.com||2012|
|Elder Ezra Falute||missionsite.net/elderezrafalute||2012|
PNG Port Moresby Mission Groups
Here are Papua New Guinea Port Moresby Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Port Moresby Mission.
- Papua New Guinea Mission Facebook Group (786 members)
- Papua New Guinea Return Missionaries Group (34 members)
- Papua New Guinea Mission RM’s Group (23 members)
- Papua New Guinea Mission Alumni Group (8 members)
Port Moresby Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Papua New Guinea Port Moresby Mission!
Shirt designs include Port Moresby Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Port Moresby missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Port Moresby Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Port Moresby Mission.
- 2015-2018, Voi R. Taeoalii
- 2012-2015, Pita F. Hopoate
- 2009-2012, Suliasi Vea Kaufusi
- 2006-2009, Tevita H. Funaki
- 2003-2006, ,Hori T. Tarawhiti
- 2000-2003, Sosaia L. Mateaki
- 1997-2000, Mosese Naeata
- 1994-1997, John R. Gibson
- 1992-1994, Joseph L. Grigg
Papua New Guinea LDS Statistics (2015)
- Church Membership: 22,982
- Missions: 2
- Temples: 0
- Congregations: 71
- Family History Centers: 2
Helpful Articles about Papua New Guinea
Port Moresby Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Papua New Guinea Port Moresby RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2003-2005 (Nathan)
What areas did you serve in?
- Port Moresby and Lae City. (Nathan)
What were some favorite foods?
- Local food. (Nathan)
What was a funny experience?
- Girl fall in love with me while serving a two years mission. Hehehe and she asked me to bless her because she was sick, hahaha. (Nathan)
What was a crazy experience?
- Car accident. (Nathan)
What was a spiritual experience?
- I remember while serving a mission we went to look for an investigator who was not at home, so what we did was just have a prayer and we left- as we were leaving the investigator show up. (Nathan)
What are some interesting facts about the Port Moresby Mission?
- See lot of changes in my personal lives. (Nathan)
What was the weather like?
- Hot. (Nathan)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- Very friendly. (Nathan)
Any packing/clothing advice?
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- Meeting my wife. (Nathan)
What are some skills you gained?
- Talking. (Nathan)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- Baptized family. (Nathan)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Port Moresby?
- Attended seminary and institute class. (Nathan)
What was a funny language mistake?
- About washing cooking pot. (Nathan)