Free resources about the Mexico Leon Mission, including:
Aquí están algunos recursos gratuitos sobre la Misión México León:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: Mexico LDS Missions.
Mexico Leon Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Mexico Leon Mission. We try to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Mexico Leon Mission Map
Videos with Mexico Leon RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Mexico Leon Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews. Coming soon..
LDS-Friendly Videos about Mexico
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Mexico. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Mexico, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Mexico Leon Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Mexico Leon Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
|Elder Benjamin Williams||elderwilliamsinmexico.blogspot.com||2014|
|Elder Michael Crouch||eldermbcmissionaryblog.blogspot.com||2013|
|Elder Kaylor Carter||lettersfrommexico.weebly.com||2013|
|Elder Ryan Clayton||elderryanclayton.blogspot.com||2012|
|Elder Michael Scott||missionsite.net/elderscott||2012|
|Elder Jordan Healy||missionsite.net/elderjordanhealy||2012|
|Elder Matthew Scott||missionsite.net/eldermscott||2011|
|Elder Jordan Guthrie||jordysmissionblog.blogspot.com||2011|
|Elder Adam Paul||adamsmexicoleonmission.blogspot.com||2010|
|President & Sister Cox||bobandbeckycoxfamily.blogspot.com||2010|
|Elder Jay Whetten||whettenmission.blogspot.com||2010|
|Elder Benjamin Salazar||elderbenjaminsalazar.blogspot.com||2010|
Mexico Leon Mission Groups
Here are Mexico Leon Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Leon Mission.
- Mision Mexico Queretaro – Mexico Leon Group (239 members)
- Mission Mexico Leon Reunion (in Mexico) Group (97 members)
- Mision Mexico Leon Facebook Group (94 members)
- Ex-Misioneros Mision Mexico Leon Group (62 members)
- Leon Mission Moms and Friends (LDS) Group (6 members)
- Ex-Misioneros Mision Mexico Leon 2010-13 Group (2 members)
Mexico Leon Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Mexico Leon Mission!
Shirt designs include Mexico Leon Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Mexico Leon missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Mexico Leon Mission Presidents
- 2013, Juan Villarreal
- 2010-2013, Karim Del Valle
- 2007-2010, Robert Thomas Cox
- 2004-2007, Abraham Marinez Ceron
- 2001-2004, Craig Mortensen
- 1998-2001, Carl L. Call
- 1995-1998, Lowell Robison
- 1992-1995, Carlos M. Bowman
- 1989-1992, Scott Lyman
Mexico LDS Statistics (2015)
- Church Membership: 1,368,475
- Missions: 34
- Temples: 12
- Congregations: 1,998
- Family History Centers: 268
Helpful Articles about Mexico
Mexico Leon Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Mexico Leon RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2002-2004 (David)
- 2000-2001 (Ilija)
- 1999-2001 (Jean)
Which areas did you serve in?
- Irapuato, Nueva Italia, Valle de Santiago, Aguascalientes, Dolores Hidalgo, Leon, and San Luis Potosí. (David)
- San Luis Potosí, León, Cuidad Hidalgo, Uruapan. (Ilija)
What were some favorite foods?
- Tacos al pastor, tacos potosinos, and caldo de pollo con arroz. (David)
- Street tacos. (Ilija)
- Posole, enchiladas , Carnitas , Tacos al pastor. (Jean)
What was a funny experience?
- Watching a new missionary go to el bautismo de fuego in Irapuato. (David)
- Laughing in the street and people looking at us. (Ilija)
What was a crazy experience?
- Being attacked by a bunch of crazy drunks. (Ilija)
What was a spiritual experience?
- Following the promptings of the Spirit and finding a family that got baptized. (Ilija)
What are some interesting facts about the Leon Mission?
- It is in the heart of the Mexican revolution. (Ilija)
What was the weather like?
- Hot in the summer, cool in the winter. (David)
- Hot. (Ilija)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- Greatest mission in the world! (David)
- Everything. (Ilija)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Short sleeve shirts. (Ilija)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- Beautiful family. (Ilija)
What are some skills you gained?
- Spanish speaking. (Ilija)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Leon?
- Work all the way through the end. (David)
- Absolutely go. No matter what. Make whatever sacrafice for the 2 years. You will never regret it. (Ilija)
What was a funny language mistake?