Free resources about the Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission:
Aquí están algunos recursos gratuitos sobre la Misión Guatemala Retalhuleu:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: Guatemala LDS Missions.
Retalhuleu Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission. We try to keep this info up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission
Iglesia Mormona, Boulevard Centenario
Salida a Coatepeque, Zona 2
Apartado Postal No. 26
Phone Number: 502-7771-2325
Mission President: President Matthew M. Goodman
Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Retalhuleu Mission:
Videos with Retalhuleu RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Retalhuleu Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
LDS-Friendly Videos about Guatemala
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Guatemala. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Guatemala, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Retalhuleu Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Retalhuleu Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
Retalhuleu Mission Groups
Here are Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Retalhuleu Mission.
- Mision Guatemala Retalhuleu Facebook Group (268 members)
- Los Valientes de Mision Retalhuleu Group (258 members)
- Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission Moms (LDS) Group (13 members)
Retalhuleu Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission!
Shirt designs include Guatemala Retalhuleu Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Guatemala Retalhuleu missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Retalhuleu Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Retalhuleu LDS Mission.
- 2016-2019, Matthew M. Goodman
- 2013-2016, Johnny F. Ruiz
- 2010-2013, José E. Maravilla
Guatemala LDS Statistics (2015)
- Church Membership: 255,505
- Missions: 6
- Temples: 2
- Congregations: 421
- Family History Centers: 0
Helpful Articles about Guatemala
- Recipe: Guatemalan Pupusas
- Overview of languages in Guatemala by Larry Richman
- Problems of a Divided Society: The Conflicting Cultures of Guatemala, by Larry Richman
- History of Cakchiquel Translation in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS).
- List of Church translations into Cakchiquel
- Culture for LDS Missionaries: Guatemala Indian, pages 1-50, 51-102, 103-130, acknowledgments.
Retalhuleu Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Guatemala Retalhuleu RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2010-2012 (Chelsea)
What areas did you serve in?
- Retalhuleu, Mazetenango. (Chelsea)
What were some favorite foods?
- Casamiento (eggs, beans, plantains, cream) Sopes. Pupusas. (Chelsea)
What was a funny experience?
- Making pizzas with the Young Men and Young Women. (Chelsea)
What was a crazy experience?
- Getting stalked and flashed by a taxi driver multiple times. (Chelsea)
What was a spiritual experience?
- Praying with a young woman who was very conflicted and confused and watching her find peace. (Chelsea)
What are some interesting facts about the Retalhuleu Mission?
What was the weather like?
- Hot hot hot! I’ve never sweat so much in my life. (Chelsea)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- Guatemalans are the kindest, funniest people on the planet. They love to laugh and eat and dance. They are incredible. (Chelsea)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Light fabrics, durable shoes. (Chelsea)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- Learning patience, learning Spanish, gaining more confidence in myself, lifelong friendships, growth in testimony and knowledge of the Gospel. (Chelsea)
What are some skills you gained?
- Spanish, organization, interpersonal communication. (Chelsea)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- That a mission is incredibly hard, and I wish I had been more patient with myself. (Chelsea)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Retalhuleu?
- Be kind to yourself, be patient with yourself and others, never quantify people – people are more important than numbers. (Chelsea)
What was a funny language mistake?
- A companion thinking “peligroso” meant “gross” rather than “dangerous,” so food she didn’t like was “peligroso.” (Chelsea)