Misión Guatemala Ciudad de Guatemala Este
Aquí están algunos recursos gratuitos sobre la Misión Guatemala Ciudad de Guatemala Este:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: Guatemala LDS Missions.
Guatemala City East Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Guatemala City East Mission. We try to keep this information up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Guatemala City East Mission
Avenida La Reforma 8-60, Zona 9
Edificio Galerias Reforma
5to Nivel Oficina 505
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Pouch Mail Address:
Guatemala Guatemala City East Mission
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150
Phone Number: 502-2362-7887
Mission President: President Stephen K. Christensen
Guatemala City East Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Guatemala City East Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Guatemala City East Mission:
Videos with Guatemala City East RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Guatemala City East Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews.
LDS-Friendly Videos about Guatemala
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Guatemala. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Guatemala, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Guatemala City East Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Guatemala City East Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
Guatemala City East Mission Groups
Here are Guatemala City East Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Guatemala City East Mission.
- LDS Guatemala City East Missionary Families Group (77 members)
Guatemala City East Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Guatemala City East Mission!
Shirt designs include Guatemala City East Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Guatemala City East missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Guatemala City East Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Guatemala City East LDS Mission.
- 2017-2020, Stephen K. Christensen
- 2014-2017, David John Crapo
- 2011-2014, Edward D. Watts
Guatemala LDS Statistics (2015)
- Church Membership: 255,505
- Missions: 6
- Temples: 2
- Congregations: 421
- Family History Centers: 0
Helpful Articles about Guatemala
- Recipe: Guatemalan Pupusas
- Overview of languages in Guatemala by Larry Richman
- Problems of a Divided Society: The Conflicting Cultures of Guatemala, by Larry Richman
- History of Cakchiquel Translation in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS).
- List of Church translations into Cakchiquel
- Culture for LDS Missionaries: Guatemala Indian, pages 1-50, 51-102, 103-130, acknowledgments.
Guatemala City East Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Guatemala City East RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2012-2014 (Nathanael)
- 2014-2015 (Yarima)
What areas did you serve in?
- Guatemala City, Izabal, and Chiquimula. (Yarima)
What were some favorite foods?
- Fiambre, pan gallete and dulce, atoll, ponche, and tamales. (Nathanael)
- Tamales Sopa de Rez Churrasco . (Yarima)
What was a funny experience?
- The drunk people were quite entertaining. Also nearly every time we got together as a zone. (Nathanael)
What was a crazy/dangerous experience?
- I almost got robbed at gun point, had 3-4 people die almost outside my door, and almost fell out of the bus on many occasions. (Nathanael)
- We were followed and assaulted nothing way dangerous though! (Yarima)
What was a spiritual experience?
- Not sharing simply because they are wonderful and personal. (Nathanael)
- My whole mission!!! (Yarima)
What are some interesting facts about the Guatemala City East Mission?
- I served in two missions- the South and East missions. The South Mission is the birthplace for all Central American missions. (Nathanael)
- It is a big tourist place. (Yarima)
What was the weather like?
- Paradise with tsunamis half the year. (Nathanael)
- Super hot in most areas but feels so good! (Yarima)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- I just loved Guatemala/Guatemalans. (Nathanael)
- They are all close to God in their own way! They are kind, poor but they give what they have. (Yarima)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Get used clothing and leave it in the mission. (Nathanael)
- Pack non heavy clothes for hot weather. It does rain so bring a jacket. (Yarima)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- I saw my convert get baptized, receive his endowments, and enter the MTC. He’s still serving faithfully in France. (Nathanael)
- A true conversion. (Yarima)
What are some skills you gained?
- Communication, hard-work, working well with others, etc. (Nathanael)
- Public speaking, effective study. (Yarima)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- I wish I understood how the mission experience would be, including culture shock. (Nathanael)
- That it would be harder than I thought! (Yarima)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Guatemala City East?
- You will go through hell on your missions. It will be difficult in ways you never knew possible, so be prepared for that. But it will have some of the most wonderful and happiest times of your life. (Nathanael)
- Just know that you can help these people, children of God and just love them! (Yarima)
What was a funny language mistake?
- In the temple an Elder saw a Sister he knew and hadn’t seen in a long while, went up to greet and unknowingly they almost hugged before he backed off. While backing away he thought he said “Sorry, I almost hugged you!” but instead he actually said “Sorry, I almost got you pregnant!” (Nathanael)
- I already knew Spanish! (Yarima)