Free resources about the Ghana Accra West Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Video interviews with returned missionaries
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: Ghana LDS Missions.
Ghana Accra West Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Accra West Mission. We try to keep this info up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Ghana Accra West
Fourth Circular Rd. Coco Palm #3
Phone Number: 233-54-434-8840
Mission President: President Robert H. Simpson
Ghana Accra West Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Ghana Accra West Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Accra West Mission:
Videos with Accra West RMs
Here are in-depth YouTube video interviews with returned missionaries from the Accra West Mission. We interview hundreds of returned missionaries each year, so check back regularly to see new RM interviews. Coming soon..
LDS-Friendly Videos about Ghana
Here are LDS-friendly educational videos about Ghana. We scoured YouTube to find the best quality videos about Ghana, that are free from inappropriate music, immodesty and profanity.
Accra West Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Accra West Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
Accra West Mission Groups
Here are Ghana Accra West Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Accra West Mission.
- LDS Prospective Missionaries of Accra West Group (2 members)
Accra West Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Ghana Accra West Mission!
Shirt designs include Ghana Accra West Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Ghana Accra West missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Accra West Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Accra West LDS Mission.
- 2016-2019, Robert H. Simpson
- 2013-2016, Norman C. Hill
Ghana LDS Statistics (2015)
- Church Membership: 62,031
- Missions: 4
- Temples: 1
- Congregations: 207
- Family History Centers: 35
Helpful Articles about Ghana
Accra West Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Ghana Accra West RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2015-2017 (Ntumba)
- 2013-2015 (Alfred)
- 2013-2015 (Cody)
What areas did you serve in?
- Abomoso, Asamankesie, Mamponse, Dansoman.
- Many areas including Accra itself. (Alfred)
What were some favorite foods?
- Rice and beans. (Ntumba)
- Banku and pepper, red red, kontomre and many more. (Alfred)
- Fufu, Jollof rice, Watch. (Cody)
What was a funny experience?
- While teaching kid. (Ntumba)
- I found snails in the soup I was eating and after I got very sad and that was one of the worst experience I had. (Alfred)
- Biking down a road that’s flooded 6+ inches trying your best not to fall over in it. (Cody)
What was a crazy experience?
- Biking. (Ntumba)
- Had an accident with my companion as we were driving. There are any reckless driving in Ghana especially in urban areas. (Alfred)
- Hit by a car 3 or 4 times while biking. They have no traffic laws or sidewalks so you gotta be a little daring. (Cody)
What was a spiritual experience?
- While teaching the repentance. (Ntumba)
- Sharing the gospel to some people who had no hope in life. I baptized a family and the first day they turned one year, they went to the temple, I also baptized a raster woman whose body especially the face was full of rings I mean many rings and she became a councillor in the relief society in the ward. (Alfred)
- Seeing a family of 8 my last Sunday come to church that I taught in a previous area that was baptized after I left. (Cody)
What are some interesting facts about the Accra West Mission?
- Loving everyone. (Ntumba)
- 1. I have learned so much to serve. 2. I had the right reason to serve in Ghana 3. I was among the first missionaries to serve in Accra West mission it was unique to me. 4. Serving in almost all assignments including being an an assistant to the mission president. (Alfred)
- Smallest in Africa. Closer to other missionaries, during and after, compared to other missionaries I’ve talked to. (Cody)
What was the weather like?
- Sunny. (Ntumba)
- They have two seasons that is the rainy and dry seasons. Sometimes it gets very hot during dry season I thing is because of the equatorial line that passes from Ghana. Ghana is in the centre of the universe. (Alfred)
- Hot and humid all the time! With occasional rain. (Cody)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- The places was very nice and nice people. (Ntumba)
- People of Ghana are very hospitable and friendly. I made my little research and found out that almost all people in Ghana goes to a church at least making Ghana religious country. Ghanaian are more like concerned about each other making live peacefully with one another. (Alfred)
- Very friendly and open. The bush (villages) are interesting to see more of their original culture. (Cody)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Carry light clothes since it gets hot sometimes you can carry suit but you will even rarely put on, umbrellas. (Alfred)
- You can buy slacks and white shirts there for really cheap. Everything is really cheap. No washer or dryer so keep that in mind. Don’t take anything too valuable. (Cody)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- Wow, I received many blessings, gift of tongues, mind wide open. (Ntumba)
- Blessing of being endowed in the temple, I baptized many convert and that is blessing to me and many are endowed. (Alfred)
- A lot more open to new people and places. Good study and work habits.deeper knowledge and testimony of the gospel. An experience I’d never trade. (Cody)
What are some skills you gained?
- Time management, communications and verbal management. (Ntumba)
- Problem solving skills. Budgeting. Planning. Leadership skills as now am also the guild president of my university. Listening skills. (Alfred)
- All are mentioned with the blessings. And I can speak some of their local language. (Cody)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- English. (Ntumba)
- Study The Book of Mormon cover to cover. Proselyting with missionaries. (Alfred)
- Have fun and trust in the Lord. Be ready to be disappointed but don’t get discouraged. Ghanaians are bad with time. (Cody)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Accra West?
- To be patient with everything, working hard and working smart. (Ntumba)
- Read The Book of Mormon well it is what will differentiate you with others on mission especially those you will teach. Attend institute. (Alfred)
- Speak slowly and clearly when there. (Cody)
What was a funny language mistake?
- Twi, Ghana language. (Ntumba)