Here’s a free collection of resources about Dixie State University- Dixie blogs, videos, groups, first-hand experiences and advice from people who attend(ed) Dixie, etc.
- Least Favorites
- Things To Do
- Housing Advice
- Places To Eat
- Crime & Safety
- Cool Facts
- Freshmen Advice
Here’s a list of Dixie blogs- blogs written by people who attend Dixie, or about Dixie.
****Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your blog to this list.***
|Dixie State University News||news.dixie.edu||2017|
|Dixie Music Program||music.dixie.edu||2017|
|Dixie Theatre Program||theatre.dixie.edu||2017|
|Dixie Facebook Page||facebook.com/DixieStateUniversity||2017|
|Dixie Twitter Page||twitter.com/DixieState||2017|
|Dixie Sun News||dixiesunnews.com||2017|
|Wikipedia Dixie State University Page||wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie_State_University||2017|
Dixie Groups On Facebook
- Dixie Health and Wellness Club (90 members)
- Dixie State University Students for Liberty (78 members)
- Dixie State University Friends (76 members)
- Spanish Program at Dixie State University (65 members)
- Dixie State University Chamber Singers (37 members)
- Dixie State University Incoming Freshman (35 members)
- Dixie State University Criminal Justice Club (35 members)
- Dixie State University Ballroom Club (31 members)
- Dixie State University Student Book Exchange (17 members)
- Dixie State University Magic: The Gathering (6 members)
Other Dixie Groups And Forums
We’re surveying people who attend(ed) Dixie. Here will be a collection of their responses.
*The information gathered via surveys may or may not be correct. Hopefully it will be helpful to you!
*Response format = Answer (Your first name, Years you attended Dixie)
What’s your favorite thing about Dixie?
- Small. Location. (Anonymous, 2017)
- Cool people and awesome staff. (Rachel, 2013-2016)
- The clubs. (Lacey, 2012-2015)
Dixie: Least Favorites
What’s your least favorite thing about Dixie?
- Building names aren’t clearly marked. (Anonymous, 2017)
- Casual dressing teachers, political correctness, bad food, lib and computer class requirements, the NIB. (Rachel, 2013-2016)
- Parking and how tuition went up so much. (Lacey, 2012-2015)
Dixie: Things To Do
What are fun things to do while at Dixie? Best kept secrets, etc.
- Outdoors. (Anonymous, 2017)
- The balcony on there fourth or fifth floor of the Holland is always abandoned. (Rachel, 2013-2016)
- McDc always had fun things to do that always helped others. (Lacey, 2012-2015)
Dixie: Recommended Classes/Professors
Any classes or professors you recommend?
- Dr. Gali! (Anonymous, 2017)
- All the music professors. (Rachel, 2013-2016)
- Yes, but dang for the life of me I can’t remember names but they were all part of criminal justice department. (Lacey, 2012-2015)
Dixie: Housing Advice
Any housing tips or recommendations?
- Off campus. Raintree. (Anonymous, 2017)
- I stayed off campus in my own house. (Lacey, 2012-2015)
Dixie: Places To Eat
What are the best places to eat near Dixie?
- Jimmy Johns. (Anonymous, 2017)
- Tropical Smoothie! (Lacey, 2012-2015)
Dixie: Crime & Safety
How’s crime/safety at Dixie?
- According to the news, it happens a lot. (Anonymous, 2017)
- Actually quite a few incidents, but I think I knew more because lots of professors were part of police departments throughout the area. (Lacey, 2012-2015)
Dixie: Cool Facts
Any other cool facts about Dixie?
Dixie: Advice For Freshmen
Advice for a new Freshman:
- Go to activities! (Anonymous, 2017)
- Check out all options- clubs, scholarships, activities, listen to suggestions, ask a counselor about all things you can sign up for so when you need a break you have some things to do that not only keeps you sane, but helps your school to and you’re with people who have the same goals as you and some clubs like MCDC help with tuition, so it’s a win all the way. (Lacey, 2012-2015)
Share an experience you’ve had at Dixie (interesting/funny/crazy/dangerous, etc.):
- The professors are awesome- I was in classes and my sister would always come with me but she wasn’t attending Dixie, she was just checking things out but she always walk the halls and then wait for me by my class I was in but one day my professor asked who that girl was I said my sister he said well tell her to get in here. I said she’s not a registered student, he said that doesn’t matter she’s already here, she might as well learn. I had a few of my professors say that- she ended up registering the next semester. (Lacey, 2012-2015)