Life in Delta, Utah, explained by people who’ve lived in Delta:
*Response format = Answer (Your name, How long you’ve lived in Delta)
What’s your favorite thing about living in Delta?
- Loved growing up in a small town as a child. (T., 16 years)
- Definitely the people. (Judy, I lived there until I left for college.)
Delta Least Favorites
What’s your least favorite thing about living in Delta?
- That it’s a small town. As an adult, I enjoy the privacy and convenience of a bigger city. (T., 16 years)
- Not having access to the medical and retail opportunities of urban areas. (Judy)
Delta Things To Do
What are fun things to do in Delta?
- The Res, visiting friends, high school activities, the Rec center at IPP. (T., 16 years)
- Community and high school events, movies, bowling, dining. Love to go for walks in the quiet. (Judy)
What’s Delta known for?
- Wrestling. (T., 16 years)
- Its high school mascot, DHS wrestling, IPP, Topaz, entry to west desert. (Judy)
What’s the crime like in Delta? (hot spot areas, etc.)
- I don’t know since I’ve been away a while. (T., 16 years)
- Worse than it was when I lived there. According to the Chronicle’s Police Report, certain apartment buildings seem to have their problems. (Judy)
Any advice for people moving to Delta?
- Embrace the small town aspect, but don’t perpetuate the bad habits that come with it. (T., 16 years)
- Meet your neighbors, serve in the community, learn about and enjoy the western culture from which Delta emerged. Attend the community celebrations in Delta and nearby towns. (Judy)
Share an experience you’ve had in Delta (fun, crazy, dangerous, etc.).
- We always loved “dragging Main” as teenagers and 20 years ago, high school was a blast! (T., 16 years)
- Have always loved going to the canyon and playing in the sand dunes—and the west desert calls to me. (Judy)
How do you think Delta will change over the next 10 years?
- It’s becoming more inundated with troubles that threaten teens (I.e. drugs, unprotected sex, crime, entitlement, etc). I worry that it will get worse in the next ten years. (T., 16 years)
- With IPP changing gears, growth is uncertain, and I don’t think many of us mind Delta remaining a small town. But if other local industries continue to thrive and provide the support the stores, cafes, gas stations, etc., need, I think Delta can plan on a bright future. (Judy)
Any other interesting facts about Delta?
- It is very close to some cool sites, like Topaz mountain and the trilobite digs. And some of my favorite people in the world still live there. (T., 16 years)
- Maybe this is a good place to say how much fun it was to take the cemetery history tour during Delta’s centennial. Something like that would bring me back to town every year! (Judy)