Here are free resources about the California Bakersfield Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: California LDS Missions.
Bakersfield Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the California Bakersfield Mission. We try to keep this info up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
California Bakersfield Mission
3512 Coffee Rd, Suite B
Bakersfield California 93308
Phone Number: 1-661-589-8900
Mission President: President Tim W. Layton
California Bakersfield Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the California Bakersfield Mission (LDS). To access the official LDS.org map for the Bakersfield Mission:
Bakersfield Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the California Bakersfield Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
California Bakersfield Mission Groups
Here are California Bakersfield Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Bakersfield Mission.
- California Bakersfield Missionary Moms Group (237 members)
- California Bakersfield RMs Group (38 members)
- Bakersfield California Mission Facebook Group (2 members)
California Bakersfield Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the California Bakersfield Mission!
Shirt designs include California Bakersfield Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: California Bakersfield missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Bakersfield Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the California Bakersfield LDS Mission.
- 2016-2019, Tim W. Layton
- 2013-2016, James M. Wilson
California LDS Statistics (2016)
- Church Membership: 773,762
- Missions: 20
- Temples: 7
- Congregations: 1,357
- Family History Centers: 222
Helpful Articles about California
Bakersfield Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from California Bakersfield RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- 2013-2014 (Anna)
What were some favorite foods?
- ALL LATINO FOOD IS AMAZING!!!!!!! (Anna)
What was a funny experience?
- From my companion: She and her trainer were tracting and they knocked on this one door. From inside they here, “Who is it?” They responded and then they got this response, “No one is here. Beeeeeeeep.” (like an answering machine) (Anna)
What was a crazy/dangerous experience?
- My companion and I were almost eaten by a drugged-up pit bull. (Anna)
What was a spiritual experience?
- Twice while we were out tracting, we would knock on a door and when the door opened, whether or not we could see their face, we could see/feel light coming from the person on the other side of the door. So incredible!!!! Truly amazing! The light of Christ is real!!! (Anna)
What are some interesting facts about the Bakersfield Mission?
- There are a lot of fields in Bakersfield. Some of the most common are almond trees, orange trees, and grape vines. When it’s grape season, everyone tries to get rid of grapes, so you end up collecting lots of bags of grapes. (Anna)
What was the weather like?
- Hot!!!! When it rained: freezing. (Anna)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- Latinos are the best. They are so kind and loving. They show their love by giving you food. Women kiss each other on the cheek in greeting. (Anna)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Wear shoes that you can walk a lot in without getting blisters. Bring plenty of warm-weather clothes, but also a warm jacket for the winter. (Anna)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- The people I met. The ability to serve the Lord and bear testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ and His restored gospel. The ability to speak Spanish. Learn how to serve, meet people, and work well with others. Forced into situations where you learn to rely on the Lord. (Anna)
What are some skills you gained?
- Social skills. Teamwork skills. Spanish speaking. How to meet people/what to say skills. (Anna)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- Every little thing’s gonna be alright!!! (Anna)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Bakersfield?
- Know that the Book of Mormon is true before entering the MTC. God loves you. You are never forsaken. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and it can heal you from all pain if you let it. (Anna)
What was a funny language mistake?
- Not funny, but a warning. Do NOT use the word “estupido”. It does not translate the same. It akin to a cuss word and is extremely insulting. (Anna)
Cierra (California Bakersfield Mission)
–Paraphrased from Cierra’s mission interview–
For Future Missionaries
Receiving a mission call is beautiful! It’s such a great experience, and it’s all yours. You’ll learn the things that the Lord wants you to whether you want to or not! I know that the church is true, and I know that missions change lives. As a convert, I’m a testimony of that. Your mission will be a wonderful experience, AND it will be hard, but you will grow.
I’ll always miss and love my mission. What you go through will be especially for you, even though there will be moments where you really don’t want to be a missionary. Despite everything, you will learn to feel the love of Christ for those you meet. Changing your life is hard, and living with someone you don’t know is really scary, but, it’s remarkable. You’ll learn so much about yourself and about the Savior. If you stay humble and stay obedient, things will work out the way they need to and I know that to be true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen