Here’s a free collection of resources about Brigham Young University Idaho- BYU-Idaho blogs, videos, groups, first-hand experiences and advice from people who attend(ed) BYU-Idaho, etc.
- Least Favorites
- Things To Do
- Housing Advice
- Places To Eat
- Crime & Safety
- Cool Facts
- Freshmen Advice
Here’s a list of BYU-Idaho blogs- blogs written by people who attend BYU-Idaho, or about BYU-Idaho.
****Email email@example.com to submit your blog to this list.***
|BYU-Idaho Horticulture Blog||byuihorticulture.weebly.com||2017|
|BYU-Idaho Marine Biology||byui-mbfe.blogspot.com||2017|
|BYU-Idaho Academic Catalog||byui.edu/catalog||2017|
|BYU-Idaho Twitter Account||twitter.com/byuidaho||2017|
|BYU-Idaho Career Networking Center||byuicnc.com||2016|
BYU-Idaho Groups On Facebook
- BYU-Idaho Online Student Support (4,379 members)
- BYU-Idaho Soccer (1,096 members)
- BYU-Idaho Recreation Management Society (433 members)
- BYU-Idaho Pre-Dental Society (399 members)
- BYU-Idaho Family History Students and Alumni (307 members)
- BYU-Idaho Graphic Design (254 members)
- BYU-Idaho Nursing Alumni (152 members)
- BYU-Idaho Information Design (109 members)
- BYU-Idaho Secret Acts of Service (70 members)
- BYU-Idaho Friends (63 members)
- BYU-Idaho Snowboard and Ski Group (53 members)
- BYU-Idaho Book Resale (53 members)
- Sharing Goodness at BYU-Idaho (50 members)
- Geeks, Gamers, and Nerds of BYU-Idaho (42 members)
- BYU-Idaho ASL (22 members)
Other BYU-Idaho Groups And Forums
We’re surveying people who attend(ed) BYU-Idaho. Here will be a collection of their responses.
*The information gathered via surveys may or may not be correct. Hopefully it will be helpful to you!
*Response format = Answer (Your first name, Years you attended BYU-Idaho)
What’s your favorite thing about BYU-Idaho?
- I love how involved the teachers are with the students, and how they truly care about the students lives. I also love how we involve the spirit in everything we do. (Derek, 2017)
- Devotional. (Munyinda, 2016-2017)
- The spiritual environment. (Kate, 2011-2014)
- My rec classes and faculty. (Eric, 2008-2010)
BYU-Idaho: Least Favorites
What’s your least favorite thing about BYU-Idaho?
- Honestly I don’t have a least favorite thing about BYU-Idaho (Derek, 2017)
- Unfriendly people. (Munyinda, 2016-2017)
- The people who detract from the quality of classes and learning atmosphere because they don’t really want to be there (Kate, 2011-2014)
- Overbearing students focused more on policing other students, rather than enjoying their college education experience. (Eric, 2008-2010)
BYU-Idaho: Things To Do
What are fun things to do while at BYU-Idaho? Best kept secrets, etc.
- Ice Caves, Egin Lake, Mesa Falls, Sand Dunes. Pretty much anything outdoors. (Derek, 2017)
- Sports, dating, devotional, classes. (Munyinda, 2016-2017)
- Ice caves, the sand bar in St. Anthony. (Kate, 2011-2014)
- ORC. Recreation student activities. Yellowstone. Jackson Hole. (Eric, 2008-2010)
BYU-Idaho: Recommended Classes/Professors
Any classes or professors you recommend?
- Sister Cutts, Brother Kugath, Brother Williams (marriage and family department). (Derek, 2017)
- Brother Goodwin, Brother Parker, Sister Harmon. (Munyinda, 2016-2017)
- Christian History with Brother Kyle Black. (Kate, 2011-2014)
- Recreation classes taught by Scott Wood, Steve Kugath and Janell Greenwood. (Eric, 2008-2010)
BYU-Idaho: Housing Advice
Any housing tips or recommendations?
- Everywhere is great to live. (Munyinda, 2016-2017)
- Live on the west side of campus (Kate, 2011-2014)
BYU-Idaho: Places To Eat
What are the best places to eat near BYU-Idaho?
- Big Juds, New Fongs (Derek, 2017)
- New Fongs and KFC. (Munyinda, 2016-2017)
- Cafe Rio, Fongs, taco bus (Kate, 2011-2014)
- Ramirez, Craigos. (Eric, 2008-2010)
BYU-Idaho: Crime & Safety
How’s crime/safety at BYU-Idaho?
- There is always crime wherever you go, but overall it seems like a safe place. I do have to say that one of my apartment managers said that her son didn’t have a drug issue until they moved to Rexburg. So I imagine if you are looking for the dark side of things, you will find it. (Derek, 2017)
- BYU-Idaho is super safe. (Munyinda, 2016-2017)
- It’s good. (Kate, 2011-2014)
- Fine. (Eric, 2008-2010)
BYU-Idaho: Cool Facts
Any other cool facts about BYU-Idaho?
- The temple. (Munyinda, 2016-2017)
BYU-Idaho: Advice For Freshmen
Advice for a new Freshman:
- Don’t overbook yourself. You need time to be able to get in, and learn everything that you need to learn. If you do too much, you end up just floating through school, and don’t learn what is intended. Also just know that your Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ are very much a part of this school, and are very concerned about you. Just involve them in everything you do, and you will always come out on top. (Derek, 2017)
- Attend devotional every week! (Munyinda, 2016-2017)
- Don’t be afraid to live while you’re at BYU-I. Get involved in the outdoor activities to take advantage of the beautiful surrounding areas and talented people running them. (Eric, 2008-2010)
Share an experience you’ve had at BYU-Idaho (interesting/funny/crazy/dangerous, etc.):
- My first kiss was at Porter Park, hehe. (Munyinda, 2016-2017)
- We had some huge (dangerous) bonfires. Cliff jumping at the palisades… (Eric, 2008-2010)