Here are free resources about the Brazil Sao Paulo West Mission:
- Mission address and phone number
- Mission map
- Missionary blogs
- Facebook groups
- LDS Mission t-shirts and gifts
- List of past mission presidents
- Cultural articles written by returned missionaries
- Survey with RMs
*Other Mission Pages: Brazil LDS Missions.
Sao Paulo West Mission Address
Here’s a recent address for the Sao Paulo West Mission. We try to keep this info up to date, but it’s a good idea to check the mission address with several sources, including your mission packet or the mission office.
Rua Doutor Rui Batista Pereira, 165
Sao Paulo – SP
Phone Number: 55-11-3725-6231
Mission President: President Thomas W. Thomas
Brazil Sao Paulo West Mission Map
Here’s a link to the mission map for the Sao Paulo West Mission (LDS). To access the official, up-to-date LDS.org map for the Sao Paulo West Mission:
Sao Paulo West Missionary Blogs
Here’s a list of LDS missionary blogs for the Brazil Sao Paulo West Mission. This list includes the missionary’s name, URL and when their blog was updated.
Sao Paulo West Mission Groups
Here are Sao Paulo West Mission Groups- for LDS missionary moms, returned missionaries, mission presidents and other alumni of the Sao Paulo West Mission.
- Missao Sao Paulo Oeste Group (82 members)
- Brazil Sao Paulo West Mission Friends Group (69 members)
- Missao Sao Paulo Oeste- Presidente Del Guerso Group (1 member)
Sao Paulo West Mission T-Shirts
Here are T-shirts for the Brazil Sao Paulo West Mission!
Shirt designs include Brazil Sao Paulo West Mission logo/emblem shirts and Called to Serve shirts. The shirts make great gifts for pre-missionaries, returned missionaries and missionaries currently serving. LDS Mission shirts come in all sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large, up to 4XL. The mission designs are printed on white shirts and are shipped to you.
*Simply click on a shirt design to view the details and submit an order. The designs on mission t-shirts may also be printed on other LDS mission gifts, including: Brazil Sao Paulo West missionary aprons, Christmas stockings, ties, pillow cases, teddy bears and Christmas ornaments.
Sao Paulo West Mission Presidents
Here’s a list of current and past Mission Presidents of the Brazil Sao Paulo West LDS Mission.
- 2016-2019, Thomas W. Thomas
- 2013-2016, Jose Luiz Del Guerso
Brazil LDS Statistics (2016)
- Church Membership: 1,326,738
- Missions: 34
- Temples: 6
- Congregations: 2,038
- Family History Centers: 341
Helpful Articles about Brazil
Sao Paulo West Missionary Survey
Here are survey responses from Brazil Sao Paulo West RMs, to give you a snapshot into what it’s like to live in the mission.
When did you serve?
- November 2014-April 2015 (Andrea)
Which areas did you serve in?
What were some favorite foods?
- Feijoada, Brazilian pizza! (Andrea)
What was a funny experience?
- One of the elders got part of his shoe eaten by an angry dog. (Andrea)
What was a crazy experience?
- We were robbed by a strange man on a Sunday night when everything was closed. (Andrea)
What was a spiritual experience?
- One week, we were focusing on having the spirit guide our lessons, and even though we hardly had any that week, they were all very spiritual and meaningful for the investigators. (Andrea)
What are some interesting facts about the Sao Paulo West Mission?
- The São Paulo temple and the Mission Training Center are both in my mission! (Andrea)
What was the weather like?
- It’s usually quite hot, although in the winter you have to wear a coat. During the summer, there are a lot of late afternoon thunderstorms. (Andrea)
Any things you really like about the area/people?
- The people are very accepting of your friendship, even if they don’t want to convert. They will let you in to use the bathroom and feed you gladly. They are very hospitable and warm. (Andrea)
Any packing/clothing advice?
- Bring lots of comfortable durable shoes. They wear out ridiculously fast. (Andrea)
What blessings did you receive from serving a mission?
- My testimony of the gospel and its core doctrines has been incredibly strengthened. The big picture makes so much sense. I found my husband only a few months later when it was the last thing I was looking for at the time. (Andrea)
What are some skills you gained?
- I am now a fluent Portuguese speaker. I learned how to speak to new people and strangers and appear approachable and friendly. (Andrea)
What do you wish you knew/did at the beginning of your mission?
- It gets better! It’s not supposed to be miserable. If it is, something is wrong. My first two transfers were like that, but I didn’t know that wasn’t how it was supposed to be. And don’t take things so personally! Everyone has their agency, and you can’t take that away no matter if the spirit is with you or if you’re a great teacher. (Andrea)
Any advice/testimony for pre-missionaries going to Sao Paulo West?
- Be prepared to speak the language. It’s a no-English zone. The more you study now, the easier and faster the language will come to you. (Andrea)
What was a funny language mistake?