Here’s a free collection of resources about Arizona State University- ASU blogs, videos, groups, first-hand experiences and advice from people who attend(ed) ASU, etc.
- Least Favorites
- Things To Do
- Housing Advice
- Places To Eat
- Crime & Safety
- Cool Facts
- Freshmen Advice
We’re surveying people who attend(ed) ASU. Here will be a collection of their responses.
*The information gathered via surveys may or may not be correct. Hopefully it will be helpful to you!
*Response format = Answer (Your first name, Years you attended ASU)
What’s your favorite thing about ASU?
- The close knit family in the teachers college. (Gabby, 2016-2018)
- The plethora of opportunities. (Sarah, 2016-2018)
- Community. (Hajaj, 3rd year)
- The size. (Sydney, current sophomore, been attending since beginning college)
ASU: Least Favorites
What’s your least favorite thing about ASU?
- How Blvd 1900 does not have a shuttle to camp. (Gabby, 2016-2018)
- The cost. (Sarah, 2016-2018)
- Org’s Clubs. (Hajaj, 3rd year)
- The bathrooms in LL. (Sydney)
ASU: Things To Do
What are fun things to do while at ASU? Best kept secrets, etc.
- Secret Garden. (Gabby, 2016-2018)
- BOGO free concrete mixers at Culvers! (Sarah, 2016-2018)
- Joining sports’ team. (Hajaj, 3rd year)
- Bike rides, Valley Art theater on Mill Ave, laying in the grass outside Old Main or on Hayden lawn, exploring new buildings because there are some really cool ones! (Sydney)
ASU: Recommended Classes/Professors
Any classes or professors you recommend?
- Papchek, McNamara, Jill Oliver. (Gabby, 2016-2018)
- Highly recommend taking a plain American government class with Herrera. He is the best professor I’ve had. (Sarah, 2016-2018)
- Finance 302. (Hajaj, 3rd year)
- Cavanaugh-Toft for Abnormal Psychology, Michael Varnum for Social Psychology, Audrey Chery for French, Richard Fey for Sociology. (Sydney)
ASU: Housing Advice
Any housing tips or recommendations?
- Start looking early. (Gabby, 2016-2018)
- Live on campus your freshman year and apply early for housing!!! Live off campus to save money. (Sarah, 2016-2018)
- Off campus houses near ASU. (Hajaj, 3rd year)
- Off-campus apartments are cheaper, and there are a great deal of them super close to campus. However, they all have pretty terrible management, so make sure to read reviews. (Sydney)
ASU: Places To Eat
What are the best places to eat near ASU?
- Chopshop. (Gabby, 2016-2018)
- Postino, Chick-In. (Sarah, 2016-2018)
- MU. (Hajaj, 3rd year)
- Halal Guys, Chop Shop, NCounter, Mellow Mushroom, In N Out, Jersey Mike’s. (Sydney)
ASU: Crime & Safety
How’s crime/safety at ASU?
- It’s safe. (Gabby, 2016-2018)
- It’s pretty good. (Sarah, 2016-2018)
- It is a very safe environment. (Hajaj, 3rd year)
- I have never felt unsafe here, even being a girl walking alone at night. ASU does great things to help their students feel safe. (Sydney)
ASU: Cool Facts
Any other cool facts about ASU?
- Great pride and spirit at sporting event. If you don’t like sports, just go for the cool atmosphere and free giveaways. (Sarah, 2016-2018)
- Friendly students. (Hajaj, 3rd year)
- Sustainability efforts throughout campus. (Sydney)
ASU: Advice For Freshmen
Advice for a new Freshman:
- Ask your student leadership team questions and see if their is anyone that can support you. (Gabby, 2016-2018)
- Go to office hours and your first year success coach. They may seem intimidating or boring, but it’s 100% worth building those relationships and getting advice. (Sarah, 2016-2018)
- Be active. (Hajaj, 3rd year)
- Socialize! Do not be shy because all the other freshman are looking for friends, too. Do as much at ASU as you can, too. Go to football games, MU events, etc. It’s all part of the experience, and you’ll absolutely love it. (Sydney)
Share an experience you’ve had at ASU (interesting/funny/crazy/dangerous, etc.):
- Salt water tubbing. (Gabby, 2016-2018)
- Outdoors trips. (Hajaj, 3rd year)